Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question but anyway

Options
  • 16-01-2006 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I picked up two of these http://www.xoxide.com/sleevingkit1.html not so long ago and my question is how do i go about actually sleeving the cables?What cables can i sleeve with this and how do i fit them over the connectors.... Stupid question but i cant figure it out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

The braided sleeve is expandable up to 150%, making it easy to slip over any plugs or connectors.

That's how you fit it over the connectors according to that link. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have never done it, but you have to push the contacts throught the molex connectors to take them off, cut the sleeving to length, and be sure to put the right cables back in the right holes:D :D:D

If you are doing IDE cables just split the cable every 8 strands, and bunch them together and put the sleeve over them

*EDIT* I just saw that its expandable, so you shouldnt have to remove any connectors *EDIT*

Advertisement