Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduating...

Options
  • 15-01-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I know, in the middle of exams that Im struggling with it's funny to be talking of graduating. But I'm just wondering: if one was offered a job abroad and had to leave to take up that position in early August. What would the deal be with graduating?

Can we graduate early?? Do many do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

stupefly wrote:
    I know, in the middle of exams that Im struggling with it's funny to be talking of graduating. But I'm just wondering: if one was offered a job abroad and had to leave to take up that position in early August. What would the deal be with graduating?

Can we graduate early?? Do many do this?
    A friend of mine graduated early a few years back. He said they were totally flexible about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

You can be conferred in absentia, if that's what you mean. They post your cert and whatnot out to you. You just have to let them know when they're arranging everything that you won't be there. I had to check up the regulations for a friend fairly recently, they're all on the nuim.ie site somewhere - I think the conference office section.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They send you a form about graduation when you get exam results I think it was, and it has a section saying "if you wish to be conferred in absentia fill this bit out and send it back"
    it's all grand

Advertisement