Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some (.ie) advice!

Options
  • 15-01-2006 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,
    Im Kinda confused about how to register a (.ie) domain, have looked at many threads but am still confused!
    I Want to register a small, non-business/profit, website.
    Main function is for a specific type of job noticeboard.

Can this be done without buying domainspace/month etc
    (Because its not a business, just personal board)

I don't want to spend any money for hosting, just to create my own personal .ie website!

Any help/advice please?:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Register the business at www.cro.ie - costs about €20.
    Retain and use the receipt to register the .ie..

"Personal board"?

You can purchase the domain seperately (i.e. Without space/hosting) & check for URL forwarding options.. (If I understand your request).

Please use the search function (Biz and Web subforums) as this has been discussed numerous times and doesn't really fit here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You can register a personal .ie domain however it has to be your initals plus a number http://www.iedr.ie/QuickGuideToRegistrations.php

As karoma posted above your best bet is to register it as a company name first and you should get it then no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Blackight are doing ie registration for €30 and hosting for €35. Should try posting on the web Hosting board also.

Timeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

http://www.hostrocket.com/free are a good free web space provider - no adds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 *Novara.ie*

Yeah as the lads mentioned above, to register a .ie you will need to show a claim/connection to the domain name. Normally you have businesses registering domains and providing a fax on headed paper or a RBN number.

You don't need hosting to get a .ie but you do need nameservers that are correctly setup for the domain as the IEDR will not accept a domain unless it passes its nameserver test. Normally whoever you buy a domain name from will supply you their DNS until whenever you want to change them.

If you have any further questions just pm me, I will be glad to help! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

If you have any further questions just pm me, I will be glad to help! :D

Careful now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

How do you go about registering a trademark.
    Say i want to register say qwerty.ie and have ltd company of myname ltd.

I have been to cro.ie and search on the word trademark but found nothing.
    If you register a business with them what are the implications since i already have a company with a different name to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

JimmySmith wrote:
    How do you go about registering a trademark.
    Say i want to register say qwerty.ie and have ltd company of myname ltd.

www.patentsoffice.ie (or google cache, if site is still down). It's considerably more complicated than an RBN, so yo may well want to use an agent (usually a solicitor, or some accountants) instead.
    JimmySmith wrote:
    If you register a business with them what are the implications since i already have a company with a different name to the website.
    If you register an RBN, as a company (not as a person), there are no implications, since you are already legally obliged to submit accounts. You do not have to separate the different trades within those accounts.

.cg

Advertisement