Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Beeps

Options
  • 15-01-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

recently my audi a4 1997 1.9tdi makes 3 short beeps when i turn on the ignition, it doesnt happen every time, its intermittant

anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's not a seatbelt reminder is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dunno about a 97 but I have an 04 A4,three beeps mean a major fault - oil,brakes something like that but it shows what it is on the display in the dash.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

not seatbelt reminder, and nothing showing on dash,

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what stereo is fitted to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Smithers,

Friend of mine had the same thing happen to his A4. Apparantly the alarm has a backup battery in case of the main battery going dead. 3 beeps mean that the backup battery is nearly dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

stereo is jvc, never thought of alarm, will listen for it nxt time!

Advertisement