Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good site to get radio code?

Options
  • 14-01-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know a decent site with helpful folks where I might get a radio code for a factory fitted Philips in a '96 Megane? I'm pretty sure the code generating sofware can churn one out but anybody know any good sites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

get it of the dealer that sold the car

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

blahblah06 wrote:
    get it of the dealer that sold the car
    Having never owned a car with a factory fitted stereo this might sound stupid but, wouldn't the dealer charge me for his services? It's for my mother actually as I got a replacement radio for the broken one in the car but now I need a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

no mate you wouldnt be charged at all. you just have to ring the dealership and they will give it to you over the phone. all you have to do is give them your reg. happend me 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

blahblah06 wrote:
    no mate you wouldnt be charged at all. you just have to ring the dealership and they will give it to you over the phone. all you have to do is give them your reg. happend me 2 weeks ago
    The radio is not the original factory fitted unit. The reg/VIN will be tied to the original. The code needs to be generated from the radio serial number.

Edit; Cheers Mike. Hopefully I'll get some joy there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement