Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thoughts on CS401 Exam....

Options
  • 14-01-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭

A nice exam and all but I still have my complaints. I failed to see the Note on the front of the exam stating "The CS401 (OLD REGULATIONS) paper should be completed only by students who have not taken the course in the academic year 2005-6."
    So basically I rushed questions (I) - (V) thinking that I was going to need time to answer 3 of the other 4 questions. I made some measly attempt at answering Question 1 and then noticed the note on the front. I read and re-read it over and over again in disbelief, until I looked around and didn't see anyone else doing any of the questions 1-4. The english in the note was very confusing!
    Anyway, Barak should have told us that day what to expect in the exam because as a result I didn't do as well in questions (I) - (V) as I potentially could have because I didn't realise that they were in fact the whole exam!
    Anyone else happy but pissed at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

looked very easy...I just wished I had studied at all. It'll be easy to pass in August tho' A sample paper would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

mloc123 wrote:
    looked very easy...I just wished I had studied at all. It'll be easy to pass in August tho' A sample paper would have been nice.
    Did you not show up for the exam? Sure question (v) required no knowledge of the course....you coulda answered it simply by being able to interpret the diagram. A few other attempts here and there woulda got you yer pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

did it not look odd (the paper?)

We had the same in CS240 (Operating System and Operating systems (Old Regulations) ..when ya see two papers in one it makes you read the front a little more carefully :P

fletch wrote:
    Did you not show up for the exam? Sure question (v) required no knowledge of the course....you coulda answered it simply by being able to interpret the diagram. A few other attempts here and there woulda got you yer pass.

I attempted questions, but I would need 50 Marks to pass(have no CA mark).
    I didn't study at all, didn't even look at notes because i didn't think it was worth wasting time on.

mloc123 wrote:
    I attempted questions, but I would need 50 Marks to pass(have no CA mark).
    I didn't study at all, didn't even look at notes because i didn't think it was worth wasting time on.
    I have no CA mark either, ****.....who knows if CA even counts, don't even think Barak does
    Oh and there was no notes to look at, well no notes that made any sense at least

• Advertisement

CA will kill me if its 30%. He's not one for making out notes, i wonder if anybody has a good set that they took in lectures...I doubt it. I went to one lecture and that was enough, he's such a dick.

mloc123 wrote:
    CA will kill me if its 30%. He's not one for making out notes, i wonder if anybody has a good set that they took in lectures...I doubt it. I went to one lecture and that was enough, he's such a dick.

Careful now....

Careful now....

lick my balls, I didn't mention any names.

mloc123 wrote:
    How could one have taken a comprehensible set of notes from his random babblings!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

mloc123 wrote:

Niiice.....would of also accepted "Derilickte my balls"

The paper was a odd one though. I think he knew from assignments handed in that no one had a budgie about the course and gave us a handy paper so some people would definatley pass, and he could keep a job.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:

You didn't have to, the name is already in the thread in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

mloc123 wrote:
    People still know who you are talking about.
    Next time you insult someone, Ill have to give you a little ban.

Just because you technically didnt mention any names doesn't make you immune to such things. This aint mikado.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    This aint mikado.

Thank god.

Are we not allowed to have opinions on people? If I said Tom Cruise is a dick would that be warnable? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

mloc123 wrote:
    Thank god.

Are we not allowed to have opinions on people? If I said Tom Cruise is a dick would that be warnable? I don't get it.
    Take it to pm if you wish.

okay, nevermind. Won't do it again

Advertisement