Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Carina Steering rack

Options
  • 14-01-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello all, does anybody know where I'll get my 97 Carina steering rack reconditioned in the Dublin area & approx how much ? Reason is there's play on the inner track arm (If you hold the track-rod you can see the inner rod rocking in the rack housing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

toyota dealers sell reconditioned racks off the shelf,dont know the price but a quick call will get you that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carina

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

only thing is it'd be hard to justify, those toyota reconditioned bits are stil expensive relative to what a 97 Carina might be worth

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carina

The car is in showroom condition & mechanically sound (85000 Miles on clock) & I have no intention of getting rid of it.The steering rack is the only problem evident at present so I believe it's worth putting the money into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i suppose there is that! i would try and get one from a scrapyard (or pay extra from the dealer if you want more peace of mind) i've a feeling a reconditioned rack from Toyota is quite expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement