Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blaupunkt CD player

Options
  • 14-01-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

I have a Blaupunkt CD player in my '00 Punto and in the last few days it has been acting up, skipping Cd's and buzzing kindof sound. I think it might just be a loose connection, it cant be the CD because its a brand new CD. It could be of old-age but I think its a faulty connection or not connected rught.

Theres 2holes in either side of it, to get it out, is it just a case of getting a wire hanger and sticking it in or would i have to get a special tool for it?

any help appreciated,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

You can get a special tool to remove it. Halfords do them but when I went in there in blanch just before new years they had none. A wire hanger works just as well. Its what I used to remove my radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

thanks chalky

you dont have to disconnect the battery if youre taking out the stereo do ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

No

nice one, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Blaupunkt grenoble is a pile of junk of a cd player anyway, and it doesn't help that Fiat usually make a bags of fitting them, there's supposed to be a rod that screws into the back of the unit to jam it in place and stop the unit from hopping around over bumps, this is often missing.
    also they wire them so that the unit doesn't power off when you remove the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

a hanger made in a U shape should sort that out for you.

don't try to get it fixed as it will cost you more then buying a new radio - ex. Panasonic CD Player -

Blaupunkt are well known to give laser trouble, cause they heat very much.

yeah! thats true about them heating up. i used to take a cd out of mine and it'd nearly burn you, even if you were just listening to the radio, also the LED displays always go after a few years

Ya colm_mcm thats exactly wrong with it, it fuzzes up and goes when going ver bumps and even when the car is stopped. I took it out this morning and looked around the back and stuff and fiddled around but still the same if not worse. Ill prob just buy a new one soon and fit it in. Thanks for the link there louie. And thats annoying the way it doesnt turn on/off when you start the ignition and wuth the heating of the cd's! Thanks for the help lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

And thats annoying the way it doesnt turn on/off when you start the ignition and wuth the heating of the cd's! Thanks for the help lads

you can sort that out by taking an ignition wire from the fuse block for the red wire at the back of the radio.

• Advertisement

i suppose the root of the problem is that the punto in other markets has an intergrated stereo similar to the brava, the Blaupunkt isn't fitted very well, mine was always skipping, i had another car with the same stereo, and it was very sensitive too

ya I think ill set my mind on investing in a new stereo!

Just say if you had a Sony Mp3/CD player and you were buying a couple speakers/amps/subwoofers for the car, would you have to buy Sony ones or would others work just aswell?

no, they're pretty much universal steve, some people prefer to stick with one particular brand, also some brands make speaker upgrades for particular cars,it means you don't have to mount new speakers, just use the manufacturers original mountings. The original speakers in the Punto aren't too bad to start with, I'd invest the money in a good stereo and cd changer or an ipod interface.

i dont have an ipod, i have a Philips Mp3 player so I prob wouldnt go for the interface anyway. Im thinking of a pioneer stereo that was recommended in another thread
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=DEH4700MP
    and possible some speakers etc. Would a mechanic be able to install them if I couldnt myself? and if any bit of the car had to be cut for the speakers to be mounted, would they be able to do that 2?

mechanics mostly will fix cars for you, and do some installation. but for more in-depth jobs, a car audio expert would better, as they can go through your options with you and choose the right equipment.

Re: your choice of headunit, it seems to be very similar to the units they used to fit to Hyundais, wouldn't get too excited about it

im going to look around in shops and more around the internet before i pick which one anyway. Thanks for the help Colm

If you go in to somewhere like Halfords you can try out the unit and see if you find it easy to use, you don't have to buy it there.

as in play around with it in the shop or like a money back guarentee like thing?

as in a "play around with it in the shop" kinda way. If you want the "like a money back guarentee like thing" get it in Argos

i see, thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I have the next model up of that Pioneer unit in my car. Have it with the iPod interface.

Have had it for about two weeks but unfortunately I can only speak with authority on the iPod interface as I haven't used the CD or radio yet. I constantly have the iPod on. Brilliant unit though. Simple interface with not to many buttons.

Doesn't appear to have a mute button even. Maybe I should read the manual though as it said that it had a telephone mute so it must also have a normal mute.

Also if your looking for something a little bit less expensive then you might see my auction on eBay. Great Pioneer unit that I took out. No aux input but would work with a iTrip type FM transmitter: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5852468934

where did you get the one youre using now? What price?

Got it from SafeSounds in Drumcondra. Stereo was a present (from my dad) so he said he wouldn't tell me how much. The iPod adapter was 130. He fitted the lot for me in the price.

Neat job too. Little nick at the back of the glovebox for the iPod cable to stick out.

I presume he could do the same with an Aux Cable but then you would bable to access the controls. Perhaps you could put a hole in the ashtray.

sounds good.
    I probably wont be using my mp3 player with it so I wouldnt need any Aux cables or anything like that

I'm selling my old stereo on eBay. Check out the link in my sig. Only reason it's for sale is that I took it out for the new one.

The buttons are slightly faded but other than that it's perfect. Just in case you decide not to shell out for a new system!!!

ok thanks, will consider it

Advertisement