Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied

Options
  • 14-01-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

what do y'all think of this album?

its one of the best i've heard in ages, some really tight rhymes and Shinoda plays every instrument on the album (except strings) which is pretty unique for a rap album. Easily 10/10, i dont think theres any poor tracks on it at all.

favourite songs, Remember The Name and Where'd You Go are both brilliant. And then you have Kenji, a really heart-felt track about how his family were locked up in US internment camps during WWII.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Absolutely excellent.. have competly lost faith in hip-hop in the past 3 years, but this has restored my love of it... really good album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

i've been listening to this group for months now from the first time they released the stuff on the net and well before it. Its the best by far and the beats are good but i think people should have known that shinoda was something special since the mash up with Jay Z.

But I was always a fan of LP and he had some of the best beats going in their tunes. Hopefully he will release Remember the Name over here and have a hit with it cause everyone who has heard it i know love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I liked the production the first time I heard it,but after a few listens every gt a bit boring.The MC really isn't up to it.Reminds me of Be,well produced but no replay value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kookies99

Ya, I have to agree with ya, I have followed Linkin Park since they started and when I heard Mike was doin a solo project i was kinda surprised, but he delivered and I can't get the intro to Remember The Name outta my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

colin300 wrote:
    i've been listening to this group for months now from the first time they released the stuff on the net and well before it. Its the best by far and the beats are good but i think people should have known that shinoda was something special since the mash up with Jay Z.

But I was always a fan of LP and he had some of the best beats going in their tunes. Hopefully he will release Remember the Name over here and have a hit with it cause everyone who has heard it i know love it.

wow, you heard of them before the album came out. Do u want a merit badge. I'd say most people in this topic have too.

On another note , the green lantern mixtape is brilliant too but so is most of the stuff he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Right Now,Feel Like Home and High Road are nicer the Remember The Name to me.And,despite some real excellent beats,lyrically some of this stuff is awful.

''I'm like a struggling doctor,no patients"

"Your like a high school dropout,no class"

I mean sorry but...:rolleyes:

Advertisement