Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Someone Help - Old Aviation Footage

Options
  • 13-01-2006 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi Everybody,
    I have been tasked with the unenviable task of catologing aviation related media in Ireland, and possible sources of storage.

The Historical Aviation Society Of Ireland is mainly interested in items such as photographs, audio and video footage of aviation events in Ireland between 1921 and 1995.

We would appreciate anyone who can help to contact us: aviheritage@eircom.net and yes, it is vital to our nations history, we are a voluntary body, protecting our entire Island's aviation heritage!

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Can't help you out much there I'm afraid, other than to say that the RTÉ national anthem sequence from the 1960s finished with a plane taking off. I saw it online somewhere, although after a look around TV pres websites I can't seem to find it.

I'll certainly keep an eye out in any case and let you know if I find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I see that you list "South Dublin" as your location. Look up Weston Aerodrome, in Leixlip, Co. Kildare. It has a museum (haven't been to it myself yet, tho), which may has some footage.

Another point to note: Weston Airfield has been used in a few WW1 films. Something that may be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sparkle21

hehe u know me b, i wouldnt be able to help you with it at all^^

Advertisement