Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aubrey/Maturi novels; favourite moments

Options
  • 13-01-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any favourite moments/characters from the Aubrey/Maturin series of books by Patrick O Brian? My favourite moment is from"Postcaptain" when Aubrey presents himself to the crew of the elite frigate Lively. Everything goes well until Maturin appears clothed in a one-piece woolen garment and "makes a leg" at the first lieutenant and subsequently embarresses everyone on board the ship. I nearly burst a gut laughing at this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

When Aubrey uses the sloop to take down the Xebec (not sure of the name, it's been a LONG time)... fantastic moment in naval combat there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Cabelo wrote:
    When Aubrey uses the sloop to take down the Xebec (not sure of the name, it's been a LONG time)... fantastic moment in naval combat there.
    Yeah, I think that was the Cacafuego in Master and Commander.

Advertisement