Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop screen

Options
  • 13-01-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I have a dell latitude and the screen is a bit floppy on it, just bounces and isnt as ridgit as it should be

can they be tightened as is it easy done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is the casing or the actually screen? There's normally some give - it's not meant to be 100% rigid in a lot of cases to prevent damage.. you can normally tighten a screw to correct it. I really would advise against it if the unit is warranty (There's a chance of over-tightening and cracking either instantly or over time..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

its not under warrenty,

i know they naturally have some give, but this is flexing a bit much, overtime u would imagine it wouldnt stay upright without a prop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I meant to check: whether it's the casing surround, the LCD block, or the actually whole top/lid/screen section... I'm presuming that it's the whole top... You should be able to tighten the hinge. The above still applies - too tight is worse than not tight enough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what model ?
    the inspirons differed a lot.

anyone have a link to that US site with dell parts list and disassembly diagrams ?
    it would have the details on where the screws are and which covers to pop.

its a latitude c600

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cheers Capt'n, lots of info there

Advertisement