Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent question

Options
  • 13-01-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Test is in 90 mins, do my rear hazard lights need to flash amber, or do they just need to flash?

I didn't think it was all a big deal, was going to change them on the way, now i'm being told that they might not work when changed:rolleyes: :confused:

So, they are flashing a little white, should i leave them as they are or risk changing them and have them not working..

if i go to a garage would they stick em in for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I reckon they need to be amber !

What car is it, what year, did you change the lights/ bulbs etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

97 punto... Well i'm just about to head out for a drive before the test, and was going to stop off at the garage to get them replaced. So no they haven't been replaced yet..

A garage would stick em in for me yes? Why am i being told that they may not work afterwards?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Chance it with-out them, it'll probably depend on whoever test's the car.

If he fails the car on that, the re-test will be free cause they don't have to use any equipment to do the re-test. You'll have to get them fixed within a given period or sit the test again, think it's 31 days.

Let us know how you get on & Good Luck!

so if he fails me i don't have to apply again? i'll get another test within a month? or did i read that wrong?

He'd have to be a right bastard to fail me on that, but then again i can't really argue with it..

Suppose i'll chance it, if i get them changed and they don't work then i'm definitely ****ed soo.......

i'm off so... fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

LundiMardi wrote:
    i'm off so... fingers crossed

just to check , is that an NCT or Driving Test ?

Sorry I missed you.

If you fail on this, you go away and get it fixed, turn up (no appointment necessary, you might have to wait 5-10 min) and they'll have a look, you'll then get your cert.

EDIT:*In responce to jhegarty, I assumed it was NCT*

ok.. i should have made it clear that it was for the driving test, and i passed! w00t!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well done :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

congrats!!

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    ok.. i should have made it clear that it was for the driving test, and i passed! w00t!!!

Congrats!

Advertisement