Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaking washing machine

Options
  • 13-01-2006 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

My washing machine has started to leak from the front just at the end of the wash. Its not a leak in the drainage pipe but seems to be coming from somewhere near the cylinder. Has anybody any experience of this? Is it a big job to repair? My washig machine is a siemens one. Only two years old.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

where abouts at the front is it leaking from? the door, the soap dispensor etc it'll help to track down the leak a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

its leaking from the front panel. Hard to explain. Not the door. its where the front meets the bottom of the washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Have you cleaned out the filter? Your door seal may be damaged

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Could it be a problem with the filter catcher type thingy? Its usually a round panel at the bottom of the washing machine where all the crap and lint goes. On my Indesit you have to remove a kick panel at the bottom to get access to it, but its meant to be cleaned out now and again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if its leaking from the panel itself and appears to be coming from inside its more than likely that one of the internal hoses has sprung a leak, wouldnt be too hard to repair but if it is that can be a bit of a pain to find though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

thnaks chaps, will try all suggestions.

Advertisement