Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Lidl Items

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

Hi,
    Yea i bought those clamps about a year ago the last time they were in there. I find them great. Easy and quick to adjust and stay tight when you need them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting, but exactly how tight?

I'll be using them mainly for holding a piece of wood in place while I carve away at it (has to be extremely tight and strong as I'd be whacking away at it on the sides going in different directions etc). I've used this type of clamp before for the same purpose, it wasn't the best. What exactly do you use it for?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

cormie wrote:
    Interesting, but exactly how tight?

I'll be using them mainly for holding a piece of wood in place while I carve away at it (has to be extremely tight and strong as I'd be whacking away at it on the sides going in different directions etc). I've used this type of clamp before for the same purpose, it wasn't the best. What exactly do you use it for?

Definitely no use for woodcarving. As you say you will be exerting some serious force while carving. So get the proper carvers clamps, or bench dogs and clamps suitable for insertion into a good sturdy bench.

kadman:)

Thanks AGAIN Kadman:) Didn't think these would suffice, hopefully the one I'm getting will do the job!

EDIT: This is the one I've ordered. Ordered another €150's worth of carving chisels too from them. To be honest, I didn't do much searching on this, my carving tutor had the catalogue in class so picked and ordered from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

no experience of the pliers type ones, but my dad has bought both of the other types, and they're complete dirt, break so easily, I'm a big fan of lidl tools but these yokes are crap, clamps need to be able to squeeeeeezzzzzzze things, not just kinda hold them

• Advertisement

Are the pliers type ones you refer to the one I have linked (link fixed now) in my post above? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

They seem to work fine for me. Although i dont think theyd be up for the kind of use as described above. I use mainly for clamping when sawing, sanding and plaining.

Advertisement