Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 ron petrol

Options
  • 12-01-2006 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

does anyone know if petrol station in shankill sells 98ron petrol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Hi Markku, is it true you just bought a GTA Sportswagon?
    Get her buffed up and post some pics (and first impressions) here so we can all have an oul' gawk anyway :)
    does anyone know if petrol station in shankill sells 98ron petrol?
    I believe that was mentioned in the Irish Times Motoring Supplement this week. I've yet to hear confirmation of it though. There are a few people here from that area so, hopefully, someone will know.
    It's my understanding that the GTA's ecu will adjust timing to compensate for the lower octane fuel. Personally, I don't think the ~20% difference in price justifies the ~5% gain in performance - but, then, I'm a stingy so-and-so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I though 97 was the highest availible now.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

the Esso station in Shankill has 97Ron this week @ €1.25/litre...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

just a small point you might not be worth buying 98
    a lot of places the fuel can be worst than the normel stuff
    as most places don't sell very much so what you buy might be
    sitting in there tanks for a long time and dirty
    as just about no one buys it at the mad prices they charge in
    ireland for 98ron
    the onboard computer on my car did not like it when i bought it
    in a few places. (it checks the fuel)
    was told not to use it by the main dealer as you can't be sure till
    after it's in your tank :(

Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

ciarsd wrote:
    the Esso station in Shankill has 97Ron this week @ €1.25/litre...
    And is it actually 97?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is there any commercially available tester you can use to check the Ron?

There's a high demand for 97 anyways,obviously not enough to keep it going everywhere but im suprised a select few garages havnt picked up on it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 marku-allen

bmoferrall wrote:
    Hi Markku, is it true you just bought a GTA Sportswagon?
    Get her buffed up and post some pics (and first impressions) here so we can all have an oul' gawk anyway :)

hi, yeah i got the gta sportswagon,its getting all the belts done at the moment will have her back next week,someone needs to join tb on the next trackday at mondello with a gta so it had to be me!! i got hooked a long time ago on gta`s and then tb showed me how its done in mondello....wow:eek: hes a very good driver,and the car sounds amazing,pop down at next trackday and have a chat..... and as soon as i have pics i will post them......cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 65,063 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bmoferrall wrote:
    Personally, I don't think the ~20% difference in price justifies the ~5% gain in performance

Agree with you there. A 156 GTA without the wee boost is still a superb car
    bmoferrall wrote:
    but, then, I'm a stingy so-and-so.

No you're not. You bought a nearly new 156 GTA, not a Toyota :D

hi, yeah i got the gta sportswagon,its getting all the belts done at the moment will have her back next week,someone needs to join tb on the next trackday at mondello with a gta so it had to be me!! i got hooked a long time ago on gta`s and then tb showed me how its done in mondello....wow:eek: hes a very good driver,and the car sounds amazing,pop down at next trackday and have a chat..... and as soon as i have pics i will post them......cheers
    Congrats Marku. Hope it lives up to your expectations.
    I'll definitely be at one of the trackdays this year (as a spectator though).
    TB is a great driver alright. I've seen the evidence on a couple of videos.
    Apparently he's just been shopping again, so heaven knows what's hidden under the bonnet this time.

unkel wrote:
    No you're not. You bought a nearly new 156 GTA, not a Toyota :D
    An uncharacteristic lapse of the purse strings! I've been skipping holidays and penny pinching ever since :)
    No regrets though. I'm enjoying it more than ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement