Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Best €1800-2000 Laptop within 2-3 days

Options
  • 12-01-2006 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I would appreciate any advice on the best performance laptop [for intensive graphic programs etc.] I could get for between €1800-2000 that could be delivered to Dublin within 2-3 days.

I need one within the next week (going abroad), so I don't have time to order a custom dell. Is there any good value shop / online shop close to Dublin that I could get good performance laptop within a few days?

I plan to check out the the sony centre, beyond 2000 and the laptop shop within the next day or so....

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Actually, PCWorld* is probably a good one to check out.
    I think they have realised in the last few months that their prices were way too high, and people headed for the internet, so I think their prices are a lot more competitive now that before.
    I'd say you should stay away from Sony's.. All you'd really be buying is the name(and possibly a nice shiny screen, but that's all).

*Their website is utter crap though, so dont bother looking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1077359&productID=152036

€2085

I would rate this as one of the better specced notebooks out there that can handle graphically intensive applications/games.

Also you can collect from them after 1 day so it would meet your urgent needs.

Plus... it looks really sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They wouldn't really be an option for him as per their notice on the main page
    **Due to technical difficulties, all orders placed between 13/12/2005 to date and new orderswill only be processed between 11th of January 2006 and 16th January. We apologies for the delay and are doing everything we can to get up and running again as quickly as possible. Once again we apologies for any inconvenience caused...

Plus I believe they are experiencing "difficulties".

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1077358&productID=152037

Here's another Acer Ferrari notebook with similar spec but a little cheaper - € 1,962.84

gandalf wrote:
    They wouldn't really be an option for him as per their notice on the main page

Plus I believe they are experiencing "difficulties".

Geez... I must've been blind. Well then the usual suspects will be your best bet... Compustore, Dixons, PC World and Peats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

not sure if its too late, but airside business park has harvey normans and pc world, got mine in harvy normans, using photoshop, cubase, flash etc no problem on my fujitsu..also laptopshop in stephens green, good luck man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mgastudio

Thanks for all the advice......
    I'm also going to have a look in Beyond 2000 and the www.microaid.ie site.

Advertisement