Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 SEAT Ibiza 1.0L

Options
  • 12-01-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Hi peeps,

I'm interested in buying the mentioned Seat for roughly €4000. Now, just wondering about the reliability of these cars, and what I need to check before buying.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

where are you looking at this Ibiza out of interest?! Just because I looked at one not even a week ago for same price but turned out to be a pile of sh!te!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

My sister had one years ago, when almost new I took it for a spin.
    Drove terrible.
    Main reason, I suspect, is because the car is big and heavy... it needs more than a 1lt engine.

I could be wrong though..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the 1.0 is dismal, the 1.4 is a bit expensive insurance wise, but the car needs at least 1.2, it doesn't help that the 1.0 engine is rubbish even for a 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Heh, I think I looked at the same one as you did scuba steve!

I thought it was fairly crap overall as well, although the drive was a smooth one...

where was it? Was it in Limerick?!

• Advertisement

yep Castletroy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ibiza's are cheap and cheerful. Yes the 1.0L is by no means a beast but is generally a good as any other 1.0L.

They are a stong car, all the good bits of a Polo, cosmetic design from alfa and some decent brakes (unlike polo!)

So generally, thumbs up for thumbs ibiza.

Just look out for exhaust leaks on "engine" end. To replace it often involves removing the subframe which is costly labour wise.

This looks like the perfect first car for me, sporty, looks good, nice inside and design. Just need to look for a decent one now! One of the newer 00 models definately.

Anyone know where I can get info on putting in a CD player though?? They all seem to have casette players in them! :eek:

ibiza's are cheap and cheerful. Yes the 1.0L is by no means a beast but is generally a good as any other 1.0L.

45bhp, replaced by 50bhp, i can't think of a 1.0 with a lower figure than that,

a standard whats called "DIN" stereo will do fine. To remove the old one, just cut up an old wire hanger and remove it.

have a search on the motors board around crimbo as someone else had to do the same thing.

• Advertisement

45bhp, replaced by 50bhp, i can't think of a 1.0 with a lower figure than that,

For an 8v engine 50BHP/L is fine, by no means stunning, but this is a little runabout we are talking about here.

Still good enough for 97Mph indicated though.

What about comparative torque? I found the 1L Polo's and Ibiza's to have better power throughout the range.

I ended up buying a 1.4L, bit preppier ;)

I'm actually driving a 1L Corsa at the moment. I find the car to be very nippy (especially after I started driving it! :D )

It's my mother's car so I finally want to get my own one.

Oh, no more L plate on it now either ;)

a standard whats called "DIN" stereo will do fine. To remove the old one, just cut up an old wire hanger and remove it.

have a search on the motors board around crimbo as someone else had to do the same thing.

I cant find anything on it on the boards, could you have a look? Anything specific to SEATs?

shizaaaam!

basically poke the four holes, the clips come out and out comes the radio.

chances are yours is a grundig stereo, which are a pain to get out!

shizaaaam!

basically poke the four holes, the clips come out and out comes the radio.

Thanks Souper, but it's the new model. It has one big "Unit" with all the controls in the middle...

Crowbar!

crude but effective!

Im sure google or a new thread here will yield good results.

I'll have a gawk around anyway. Will post if I find anything!

Castletroy Motors eh?! Thats the one I looked at! The ignition was bust, there was no door handle on the inside of the drivers door so it was obviously robbed at some stage! looked lovely in the pic on carzone, that where you saw it too?

heh, they had it fixed up (nearly) when I saw it. Some Eastern European guys... didn't like the look of it.

I asked a guy about the car and all he said was "no english"!:eek:

• Advertisement

yup, same with me!! He did give me a good sized discount if i was to but it then and there, but no way was i buying a piece of **** like that,no matter how much he gave off!!

Advertisement