Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Gallerys

Options
  • 12-01-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i've been looking around for a image gallery for one of my sites, mainly on sourceforge, and i haven't quite found a gallery that i instantly liked. I'm looking for something that's out of the box as possible. Any recommendations?
    My server runs php/mysql. I have found a nice flash/xml image gallery but i'd prefer not to go down that route if i can avoid it.
    Cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've been checking some out out of curiosity.

Try Coppermine it seems pretty good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Coppermine is good, but I've switched back to Gallery since they released version 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What packages does your server have exactly (GD,ImageMagick , or NetPBM)
    I'd recommend Coppermine, TBH. A doddle to set up, and lots of features (Works with 'only GD' as well if needs-be. Ed-so does Gallery since v2...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

hi,
    i've been looking around for a image gallery for one of my sites, mainly on sourceforge, and i haven't quite found a gallery that i instantly liked. I'm looking for something that's out of the box as possible. Any recommendations?
    My server runs php/mysql. I have found a nice flash/xml image gallery but i'd prefer not to go down that route if i can avoid it.
    Cheers lads.

Plogger is a good option, it is very easy to setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Anyone have a mirror for Simple PHP Gallery?

I want something as simple as that and the main SPG site is down (or at least it was on last check)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Im in the same boat.
    Been looking for php based gallery software for a while now, dont like any of the scripts that ive seen so far so ill probably end up having to make my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

As some of the others have said, coppermine is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Plogger looks very nice. I used Coppermine before and i didn't like it. It's a bit over kill for my needs

bucks wrote:
    Im in the same boat.
    Been looking for php based gallery software for a while now, dont like any of the scripts that ive seen so far so ill probably end up having to make my own.

A lot of the features in plogger such as comments etc can be removed and it turns out to be a very simple solution. An example of a simple version of it in use can be seen here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Think I'll go with Plogger.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd agree with the overkill stuff; plus I always found coppermine bizzarely confusing. I say bizzare because you'd think a gallery would be one of the simplest things to navigate, yet I've never found it to be intuitive.

I run Simple PHP Gallery (SPG) where I have galleries. Easy enough to modify, no database to worry about and it's a doddle to modify.

I wrote a simple modification to show BBCode with each image for the "New Gathering Cards" gallery. I also intend to integrate it with my personal site as it looks as though it should be simple enough to modify for that purpose.

i installed plogger and at first go it's not doing what it should do. It's got this annoying 2 tier menu system. If you want to see a group of pictures you need to setup a "collection" and then an "album".....why can't you go straight thru to the album? if you go to their online demo you should be able to see what i mean!

Cult the gallery you have...is that this one (Simple Picture Gallery Manager) and if it is which template do you use?

CuLT old bean... any chance you have the files needed for SPG lying around?

Wanted to make a nice simple gallery for www.thestrutts.com and made one with a tutorial I found but I cba figuring out how to do the next and previous links and to allow admins to delete pictures...

It seems that the original author's site has fallen out of contract, which is rather surprising.

This is the site I was referring to, but it just has a generic placeholder template now.

I don't have the original version afaik, but here's my modifed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

or Enhanced SPG..?

Karoma wrote:
    or Enhanced SPG..?
    Or that :)

Hmm, looks better than my attempt.

CuLT wrote:
    It seems that the original author's site has fallen out of contract, which is rather surprising.

This is the site I was referring to, but it just has a generic placeholder template now.

I don't have the original version afaik, but here's my modifed version.
    Danké

For some reason it won't allow me to post a comment (I swear I put the right authorisation code in) so I'll just thank you here

steveland? wrote:
    Danké

For some reason it won't allow me to post a comment (I swear I put the right authorisation code in) so I'll just thank you here
    np, I've been mucking around with mod_rewrite the last couple of days and it's played hell with the comments system.

Edit: thanks for pointing that out, fixed now ;)

i installed plogger and at first go it's not doing what it should do. It's got this annoying 2 tier menu system. If you want to see a group of pictures you need to setup a "collection" and then an "album".....why can't you go straight thru to the album? if you go to their online demo you should be able to see what i mean!

Cult the gallery you have...is that this one (Simple Picture Gallery Manager) and if it is which template do you use?

You can link directly to the album, rather than to the collection.

You can link directly to the album, rather than to the collection.

yeah i know, but in fairness i couldn't be arsed. If it doesn't do the simple things i want then i'll just shop around for another one, there are 100's out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement