Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know about Euphonie?

Options
  • 12-01-2006 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

A friend of mine has just been approached about a franchise with Euphonie. It sounds a bit dodgy. Does anybody have any experience with them? They offer telephone and internet services at low cost apparently. Franchise costs EUR300. You recuperate this by selling on the franchise to others its seems. Instinct tells me to avoid them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Sounds a bit like a pyramid shceme! :eek:

I heard of them ages ago and heard they were very cheap. That is all I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

My parents use them for the landline, i dont know much about them but i know eircom have tried all sorts to get them back! We even got a free phone out of it!

Also it was sold to them by the local garda inspector, he sells it in his spare time afaik, not a man who would be conned easily either!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hey Blink496

I know of a company called Euphony ( diff spelling)
    They are currently in the Irish Market as a reseller selling cheap voice calls.
    They are a respected company based in the UK but selling voice here. Im sure they actually have an Irish office out in park west.
    Not sure if its the same( would be very surprised) as they are quite a large company so would be unusual to be offering a franchise for €300.

Just saw ColHol's quote. The €300 quid could be for you to be a re-seller for Euphony, Basically trying to sell their prices/services etc to people you know. Your basically a sales rep of types.

Chef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭blink496

ColHol wrote:
    Also it was sold to them by the local garda inspector, he sells it in his spare time afaik, not a man who would be conned easily either!

Thanks lads, my friend was approached by her local post man as well. Maybe it is legit then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It is Euphony and they do offer a ]pyramid scheme.

.cg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

Steer clear of Euphony at all costs. I was invited to one of their seminars in the red cow and it demonstrated how you could make 50 grand a year from selling their service. The whole thing is a pyramid scheme and when I challenged them and used the word pyramid they got very abusive. I went back to another meeting and starting handing these out and I was almost mishandled out the door :)

http://www.belgacom.be/web/proto/press/en/2002/2002-07-09.html

You pay 700 euro to join and for everyone that you join up you get commision from them and from everyone they join up. Some gullible young rep showed me a diagram. Guess what shape it was in, a pyramid :v: :v:

BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

I have to say as a former Euphony customer of over a year and a half. Their landline phone package for €9.99 per month was, when it was launched, and still is, arguable, the best value package around for local/national calls. International rates are not rock bottom but are better than Eircom. (I used other providers for most International Calls anyway)

However I do admit that their marketing strategies are not the most endearing. I have been to more than one of their "presentations" and I know a number of their "business consultants". You CAN make money reselling their service and signing up other consultants (pyramid style) however it does involve work!! Whether you get sufficient reward for blagging all your mates into signing up to a new phone service is up to each individual to decide.

Personally I prefer to tell people about the service if they ask or are interested, purely because it is excellent value AND I have successfully reduced my phone bills form over €150 per two months to €70-€90 (including approx €48 line rental paid directly to Eircom). I reckon my wife now uses the landline at least 50% more than she used to as well.

As with Blueface, Swiftcall and some other telecom providers regular customers can get referral credit of €10 per customer. If you've signed up/paid up to be a "Business consultant" you get a per customer fee AND a % of their call spend, you also get "revenue" for customers who are referred by your customers. Having said that you would need to be quite active on a continuous basis to make a fulltime living off it! I doubt they are doing as well as when they launched - there are some quite competitive call packages around now, 2 years+ ago there wasn't.

Euphony plan to offer Internet packages and other utilities in the future. the "business consultant" side of it was definitely not my cup of tea but the cheap phone service was second to none! Their bills (content and value) are much easier than Eircoms to digest!

After getting broadband I decided to go the VOIP route. I cancelled Euphony in December (30 days notice required - no lengthy contracts - you basically us up the month's calls you've already paid for ) reverted back to Eircom and have signed up to Blueface since. As soon as my landline is ported I'll be ditching my Eircom line and saving the €25 p/m.

Blueface's closest plan to the Euphony deal I was on costs €5 more per month (€14.99 as opposed to €9.99 with Euphony) but has the addition of inclusive calls to the UK (not really that much of a benefit for me). However I'll be saving at least €20 p/m when the landline goes.

Besides I love gadgets and with VOIP there is plenty to play around with. Very happy with Blueface so far.

Remember though - "If you want a carrier class service - you gotta pay for it and you'll probably only get it from an incumbent carrier!"

To summarise... don't knock Euphony's products, especially residential products, their "EU talk" package is one of the best around. DO think long and hard before signing up to their marketing army! At least get ALL the facts before jumping on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭blink496

thanks for the replies guys.

I think you might be right about the home market being over competitive. My friend is spanish and apparently they are just launching in Spain, so she would be an attractive signup for them. I think you are right about their prices, but the whole sales emphasis is on getting friends and family to sign up. Something just doesnt feel right about that?

Advertisement