Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP mail + attachment woes

Options
  • 12-01-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to come up with a solution to allow a client to send email attachments from a webpage via PHP. Have it working for one attachment for a small enough file and it works away fine.

Using PHPMailer, and I'm sure I can get multiple attachments working via an array. My main problem really is that the larger the files get the more execution time is required, and so the page hangs until the process is finished/timeout is reached. I dont want to change the timeout depending on the file size as the user could be waiting for 5+ minutes possibly.

Was thinking of using the javamail applet within the page too, but I'd rather keep it all PHP if possible.

Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

In your PHP.ini, what have you set your max file sizes and max execution time to?

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to read an array of files off, certainly in PHP5.

Advertisement