Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little help

Options
  • 12-01-2006 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I bought myself a new house and paid the elctrician to fit 6 spots in the sitting room kitchen hall etc, also asked for extra phone points , tv points and sockets. well this is were the fun starts

he never fitted the 6 spots in the sitting room and put the tv point in the wrong place in the kitchen. basically he is telling me to wait until the house is signed for before he does it. this i know i will not do. then he said he will just give me my money back. surely he has to get this done if i paid him ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

You paid him in advance:eek:
    Before you even closed the sale on the house:eek: :eek:

At least he is offering you your money back. Take his hand off.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

payment up front is crazy and he is totally right - you shouldnt do ANYTHING to a property that is not legal yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

Exact same thing happened to me about 4 months ago. Missing extra sockets, TV/Telephone points etc. I put them down on my snag list and got on to the site foreman to tell him I would not be closing until it was all rectified. Needless to say the foreman got on to the electricians and there were out the next day running chases in walls etc to resolve the problems. I closed the following day after they had completed all the repair work to the walls etc.

Point to squire, you have to pay them in advance otherwise they wont even consider doing the work. Only in Ireland :rolleyes:
    blahblah06 wrote:
    Hi lads,

I bought myself a new house and paid the elctrician to fit 6 spots in the sitting room kitchen hall etc, also asked for extra phone points , tv points and sockets. well this is were the fun starts

he never fitted the 6 spots in the sitting room and put the tv point in the wrong place in the kitchen. basically he is telling me to wait until the house is signed for before he does it. this i know i will not do. then he said he will just give me my money back. surely he has to get this done if i paid him ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Was the spark not working for the builder? If he was then there should be no issue with him doing it before they are signed. He could be pulling a smart one, if u sign now it may never be done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Judean thanks mate i was just about to say the same thing YOU HAVE TOO PAY UP FRONT TO GET IT done

yop the lecky is different to the builder he is just point blank refusing it.

judean were you waiting long for them to finish up ? bloody jokers they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

sorry little off the subject - yop - see your having ESB problems - what kind of excuses have you being getting ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well believe it or not we got connected!! They rang me Monday morning to connect up! Gas they are !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

blahblah06 wrote:
    Judean thanks mate i was just about to say the same thing YOU HAVE TOO PAY UP FRONT TO GET IT done

yop the lecky is different to the builder he is just point blank refusing it.

judean were you waiting long for them to finish up ? bloody jokers they are

We played a bit of tennis first but it was sorted very quickly after speaking with the site foreman. The treat of loosing money will have that effect. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

this geezer doesnt seem to care though. he wants to give the money back before he actually fits anything so im stuck on what to do. our site foreman is saying its nothing to do with him as it is extras we have paid for.

ive ended up having to ring my solicitor today to try and get some sense out of this

Advertisement