Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav

Options
  • 11-01-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good supplier or sat navs and what in ppls opnion is a good price,i dont need a fancy one but i want one that does the basic and fully operational not telling me to go left into a brick wall cause the road is closed up or was never there in the first place, looking at Sony NVU50T thinking its coming in at about €500 as the all singing all dancing NVU70C is €799 and that has traffic management system(where available) so to hell with using that here wouldnt do me any favours so ill stick with a basic model

anybody please dublin area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

As far as i know Ireland is not well served yet for sat/nav.
    There are 3 english companies here compiling data at the moment.
    The coverage outside the main cities is sketchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

can anyone recommend a good supplier or sat navs and what in ppls opnion is a good price,i dont need a fancy one but i want one that does the basic and fully operational not telling me to go left into a brick wall cause the road is closed up or was never there in the first place, looking at Sony NVU50T thinking its coming in at about €500 as the all singing all dancing NVU70C is €799 and that has traffic management system(where available) so to hell with using that here wouldnt do me any favours so ill stick with a basic model

anybody please dublin area

I don't think that traffic management is available in Ireland (at least if it's TMC - Traffic Message Channel that you are referring to).

Becker make nice discrete ones, but they are expensive. They are not bling bling but MB use them now instead of of Blaupunkt.

Advertisement