Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Dumping

Options
  • 11-01-2006 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

There are two seperate instances of illegal dumping across the road from my apartment. Who is responsible for removing it/finding out what dirty f*cker dumped/charging the spinless cheap b*starts? Is it the management company of the local government?

rant only beginning!!!!!

Can't believe the nerve of these b*stards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭emaherx

Being from a farming background, I have to put up with these scumbags regularly. Between burnt out cars and illeagal dumping the countryside near urban areas is not a thing of beauty like it should be but a vile disgusting place.

sorry for starting my own little rant.

is the rubbish dumped on the grounds of the apartment complex, or along the side of the road?

if it's on the grounds of the apartments complain to managment, if not try your local goverment

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

It's directly opposite the apartment. I've contacted the local government and the management company.

The best of it was, last night I was out for a run and came across some F*CKER in a 06 BMW throwing rubbish out of his boot, beside the bloody sofa!

If you can afford a bloody new car, you can afford bin charges..

This really annoys me (as you can tell), I can't believe the attidute of some people in Ireland. It makes me pretty sick.

Is there a litter warden or is this a matter for the gardai?

SG

If you got his reg report him to the gaurds
    There is also a litter warden in your urban council.

New Car or not, this is the most selfish irrasponsible way of disposing of one's rubbish, the dirty b*stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

did you get his reg number, if so report him, this is the only way these w*****s will be caught. I live in a country area and almost every Monday morning we get up to black bags of rubbish thrown at the side of the road. i have gone through the rubbish but they are cute enough to not put in anything increminating, so we just have to pick it up and put it in our bin and WE have to pay the charges for their rubbish. The alternitive is to just leave it there, but you can;t do that and the council wont pick it up. I with you on the rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

tirl wrote:
    . I with you on the rant
    Oh I disagree, illegal dumping is fine:rolleyes:

You should ring the environmental section of your local authority (all numbers for most are on the web) and they will hopefully try do something. That report that came out recently says that 1 in 4 households do not get waste collected. From an enforcement point of view, this is something they could start with. With cctv cameras being cheap nowadays and getting cheaper I hope in the future the local authorities will catch these sc.mbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

With regard to the 1 in 4, I see your point but i know people that share a bin with a neighbour to save on the annual fee.
    I've just moved into a house myself & have a green cone on order. That should take care of my food waste. I plan to take glass and cans to the bottle / recycling bank and that should leave me with cardboard and plastic only which I'll hopefully take to my parents house once in a while & put in their recyclable bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Get used to it €20 to recycle for cars??? Eh no thanks lets just dump it on the side of the road. Why are people surprised?

Gegerty wrote:
    Get used to it €20 to recycle for cars??? Eh no thanks lets just dump it on the side of the road. Why are people surprised?

Now there is a mature attitude!!
    Let someone else pay for it to be removed from their land.
    What recycle center charges €20, in Navan it is €2 for a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

emaherx wrote:
    Now there is a mature attitude!!
    Let someone else pay for it to be removed from their land.
    What recycle center charges €20, in Navan it is €2 for a car

Thats not my attitude I'm just simply pointing out that charging €20 for a car and €100 for a small van is only going to result in people saying F you and fecking it in a ditch. And don't think you can get away with filling your car to the brim either to get your moneys worth, as i found out that qualifies as a small van load and will cost you €100.

Those prices are for Ballyogan btw, the only recycling place around my area apart from bottle banks in the supermarkets. My attitude is to just feck everything in the bin and pay the weight charges. But I'm not happy in the slightest and don't give me that grow up everyone has to pay for their waste BS either. €20 is a rip off, you're paying €2...point proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

If you are in Dublin the littering hot line is 1800 251500

I guess there are equivalent services in all county councils/corporations.
    seagizmo wrote:
    The best of it was, last night I was out for a run and came across some F*CKER in a 06 BMW throwing rubbish out of his boot, beside the bloody sofa!

IMO if you see dumping like you described you should be straight out taking photos with your camera or phone. Anything to make the dumper uncomfortable etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement