Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyers / Junk mail ... opt out.

Options
  • 11-01-2006 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Is there any mechanism by which I can stop the flurry of crap I get through my door each week?

In Oz all I had to do was place a sticker on my letter box....
    http://www.cleanup.com.au/Main.asp?Requesttype=Doc&DocID=286&CatID=113

Has any such scheme been proposed or discussed by the powers that be?

I have collected 1 large bag full of this stuff over a month ... it is just rediculous....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Most of this stuff would be hand delivered flyers so I doubt the MPS would help, but thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get a big dog and tie him to the front door.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

The amount of junk mail at rented accommodation is just astounding, with most of it addressed to previous occupants so you can't just opt out, because someone else's name is on it. Most of it just falls into the paper recycling box behing the front door, so I don't even have to look at it. I've even had Gardaí calling to the door for one ex-occupant who had been gone for years!

Advertisement