Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hostel experience????

Options
  • 11-01-2006 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

was just on www.hostelfilm.com there and i clicked on the 'experience' link

u have to fill in the usual name/address/zip code thing,but also your passport ID number and country is required...

anyone got an inside scoop on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Reading the forums, it seems as if this is one of a new breed of website that authenticates its 'confirmation' forms against an actual database of people/ages. So you can't just fill in a bunch of nonsense. If this is true, it's absolutely terrifying on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i wouldn't stick my passport number in anywhere on the web...hell no!!!

a better system than that is needed methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Probably not the best forum to get into this but.....

maybe some sort of legal/official recognised "virtual" ID is required. It could be organised much the same way as a passport (eg only given at Garda stations for example with official ID) but have no real value out in the real world. That way everyone only has one Internet ID that has minimal info on who you are (preferably just a name, that is still kept private)... hmmm tricky one that..... need to think more on the matter.
    Hmm, better still. When you initialy get your Internet ID (IID) :) you have to fill in a few pieces of info -> Username, Age, Secret Password etc. Then whenever you use the IID number to register for some site you have to reenter the Username etc. to confirm you are who you say you are..... Just a thought. Still have problems with people stealing other peoples IIDs.

Where does the "experience" link go when you get past the regestration? Is it clips from the movie?

Advertisement