Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The inner turmoil of a shoe

Options
  • 11-01-2006 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

As I walk through the valley of the "Shadow of Shoe",
    I take a look at my feet and realize that they ain't so neat,

Grabed my polisher with my right,
    Took the buffer in the left,
    I'm the "Dirt Banisher" on weekdays,
    I make that filth suffer.

I walk away with my Dubes at bay,
    Just in time for the buffet.

Just started writing it and couldn't stop! See if any of you can pick up on the hidden meaning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

That's really something! Is this your first poem? It's really good. The imagery is quite impressive, not to mention the secret jab at people who wear dubes being fat! The use of rhyming took my breath away also. 5 stars for you my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 HOT_ALPHA_MALE

aww thanks :)

It was also a dig at modern rap. This is why it starts out with a rap and changes so dramatically when i notice my shoes. I'm not just cleaning my shoes but i am cleansing modern society of this "new wave" of poetry if that's what people call rap these days.

Black shoes, Tapping in my head
    Tapping tapping;

I can feel the hate, see the pain.
    The blood of my fears, dyeing my shoes.
    Nothing can clean them now, nothing can clean me.
    I can no longer see, the laces are cutting deep.
    The river of pain that flows inside me is leaving now

I can not feel now, can not feel,
    The tapping
    tap, tap tap.

ahh :D Yup i have to say i do like this one myself. I thought of it while watching the sun rise this morning! :) . It has the same shoe theme with a little different content i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

You should post poems in different threads rather than just using one thread.

Well i didn't want to post too many similar poems and clog the boards. I felt that keeping similar ones together would be appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

You should post poems in different threads rather than just using one thread.
    Way to not even comment on his poem!

Hot Alpha Male I really enjoy your poems! Im subscribing to this thread now.

Advertisement