Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another bassless band

Options
  • 11-01-2006 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I'm currently playing bass and singing with an all-originals 4-piece in Dublin (ages 20 - 25). 3 of us have played together for a LONG time, but we're expanding our operations

I want to be free to focus on singing and performing and we're looking for a confident, energetic bassist to step into the breach.

we play edgy, melodic indie, not a million miles from Interpol, Kaisers et al. we have a full set of quality material ready to go. desperate to start gigging ASAP but resisting the urge to rush it. we want to get it right this time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Janacopolis

Alrite man where are you located, what ages, any demos etc? I'm former bassist, my first love, playing guitar now but I'm always willing to play bass for the right band with good ideas! Let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ciarj

rehearsing city centre. average age - 23. Full set home-recorded and mixed to reasonable standard using Pro Tools Mbox. Keen to get a couple of gigs (and some feedback) under out belt before recording an EP. Current line-up is 2 guitars, bass, drums. I want to ditch the bass, sing and maybe play some keys.

There are good basslines there, but room for improvement! Similar bands mentioned above, but I also like a new Dublin band called Director. Been impressed with them at gigs. We're similar, but less pop and a darker edge.

PM me :)

Advertisement