Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on condoms!

Options
  • 11-01-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I would go unreg for this one:

I have this issue with condoms. Its not that I don't want to use them, its that I had a bad experience with them. I find them hard to get on. I ended up hurting the little guy in the process and loosing an erection.

I have tried placing it directly on the tip and trying to slide it back but I find this very unconfortable and sometimes sore as its sensitive on the top.

Do you need to unroll some of it first, stretch it out and place it over the penis?

I also found it a bit tight, I don't have a particularly big penis but perhaps I need a wider one. I am not really sure!

This is the cause of much embarrassment and I am afraid to get intimate with a girl in case this comes up.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

maybe the condoms you're using are too small?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Try a larger size condom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

It sounds like you're not putting them on right.

You don't unroll them or stretch them out before you place them on the penis. You also don't pull/stretch them on like you would pull socks onto your feet.

When you take it out of the packet, place it on the head of the penis as it is, pinch the condom at the tip to leave some room at the top, and roll the condom down the penis (don't stretch/pull) as if you were rolling an elastic band down. Remember to leave a bit of room at the top of the condom.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah the room at the top is important.

If it hurts you can go into any pharmacy and get a larger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Grimes wrote:
    If it hurts you can go into any pharmacy and get a larger size.

And make sure to order them in a loud, proud voice too :)

Bigger condoms are pretty expensive in Ireland, especially American brands (Trojan etc). If it turns out that this is the problem, you can order extra-size European brands online, e.g. Condomi XXL (more like L than XXL tbh).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

It sounds like you're not putting them on right.

You don't unroll them or stretch them out before you place them on the penis. You also don't pull/stretch them on like you would pull socks onto your feet.

When you take it out of the packet, place it on the head of the penis as it is, pinch the condom at the tip to leave some room at the top, and roll the condom down the penis (don't stretch/pull) as if you were rolling an elastic band down. Remember to leave a bit of room at the top of the condom.

Hope that helps.

now I remember why I hated the fuuckers..by the time I finished doing the above Sean Thomas was barely alive and kicking...and I was always too embarassed to ask did they come in bigger sizes..no internet back then boyos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭BigArnie

Airblazer wrote:
    Sean Thomas

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

read the booklet thingy that comes with the condoms...theres ur answer right there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye the booklet and possibly bigger condoms will solve all problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Durex Extra safe are a little bit wider than many other brands (54mm vs 50mm) which does make a difference in comfort.

Also, though you might need to go to an adult shop to get them, Trojan Magnum's are also larger and more comfortable.

I suggest;
    - buy a large pack of Trojan magnum condoms
    - use a few learning to put these on perfectly

If condom width is the issue, think of it like this. It would be hard to walk around comfortably wearing shoes two sizes too small.....

• Advertisement

Sico wrote:
    And make sure to order them in a loud, proud voice too :)

"EXCUSE ME!! BUT DON'T YOU HAVE CONDOMS IN ANY SIZE OTHER THAN ****ING TINY?? i NEED AT LEAST XXXL FOR MY TROJANESQUE MANHOOD, I MEAN REALLY!?!"

ROFL :D
    I recommend trojan magnums
    if the guy is too big never mind hurting him,the condom will break :eek: :eek:
    so for the sake of the girl too get the trojans availible in boots

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

What about the Durex comfort line, there also a little bigger. think there a bit wider.
    If it hurts the little fella there buy some and try them on at home, get the practice in early and then when you really need them you'll be a pro. Remember practice makes perfect!!!:D

Also when putting it on strectch it a little over the head and then slide it down. Just watch the nails!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Trojans are 3 for 2 in Boots..

TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

Have you tried letting her put it on?

LOL oh god.. seriously get over yourselves, everyone already knows that every bloke on the net an not just boards has a really large penis..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

killswitch wrote:
    read the booklet thingy that comes with the condoms...theres ur answer right there

They come with documentation now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

rsynnott wrote:

yip, with little pictures and all ( or are you protesting a certain innocence)

Mates are wider than Durex.

Whatever you do buy a reputable brand, otherwise what's the point? Practise!

And it really shouldnt put you off getting intimate with a girl, if she's nice enough to wanna have sex with she's not gonna laugh/get fed up etc if a problem does.......arise?

She can help out ya know. Even mentioning it within the right context could be the precursor to some fun.

Could be worse. I realised I was allergic to latex, would swell up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks guys.

I never heard of them trojan ones. Think I will stick to Durex or Mates.

Perhaps I do need a bigger size! That sounds great! I find it very difficult to buy condoms in the first place let alone asking for xtra-large!

Although, I presumed the larger sized condoms were more in lenght than width?

Don't get me wrong I aint claiming I have a huge thingy but perhaps a slightly wider one would be easier to get on.

tooshy wrote:
    Don't get me wrong I aint claiming I have a huge thingy but perhaps a slightly wider one would be easier to get on.

Don't ever apologise for having a huge thingy, I know i don't....apologise that is HA! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Trojans are your best bet here, Magnum xxl are good too, very thick though. The condom store is a good place to go, you can take your time buying one. Never go near the Durex ones when your locked, just dont have sex. You will either break it or just say fúck it and go for it.

There is a brand for sale in some of the "shops" in town, they are Thai made, reliable. Thinner than magnums and trojans but very wide and long fitting. They dont fall off either. My advice is buy one or two packs of the aformentioned and spend a little quality time with yourself figuring out which one suits you. better to practice in private before taking centre stage.

• Advertisement

joejoem wrote:
    Trojans are your best bet here, Magnum xxl are good too, very thick though. The condom store is a good place to go, you can take your time buying one. Never go near the Durex ones when your locked, just dont have sex. You will either break it or just say fúck it and go for it.

There is a brand for sale in some of the "shops" in town, they are Thai made, reliable. Thinner than magnums and trojans but very wide and long fitting. They dont fall off either. My advice is buy one or two packs of the aformentioned and spend a little quality time with yourself figuring out which one suits you. better to practice in private before taking centre stage.

I found an IRISH site called www.lovehoney.ie. I was going to purchase them Trojan Magnum ones but they wanted to charge me €15 for delievery!!! MADNESS!

Anyway, I doubt I would need the Trojan Magnum XL. The normal Trojan Magnums are a little wider which should be ok.

Oh, I also found www.condomsdirect.ie which seem to be cheap

joejoem wrote:

Where is the condom store?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

tooshy
    I deleted your poll.
    we don't do polls in PI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I found that to put it on in advance helps...before :mad: the little general gets too eh pumped up.... a sprinkle of talc over the flagpole also helps(not on the top)... Then you are ready for action when the bugle sounds for battle:D :D

Oh... not too far in advance.. and a big intake of beer not advised...

Go for it bigboy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,118 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I found that to put it on in advance helps...before :mad: the little general gets too eh pumped up.... a sprinkle of talc over the flagpole also helps(not on the top)... Then you are ready for action when the bugle sounds for battle:D :D

Oh... not too far in advance.. and a big intake of beer not advised...

Go for it bigboy:eek:

Biggest load of cr ap I heard lately TBH. Do not try this at home. FlutterinBantam, have you tried ground white pepper instead of talc. It gets you hot.

[joke]

Guy walks in to shop, asks (in a loud voice): 'What size condoms do you sell?'

Assistant replies (in an equally loud voice): 'Condom sizes? We sell small, medium, and LIAR!'

[/joke]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Aye the booklet and possibly bigger condoms will solve all problems
    /me links to obligatory photos of garys penis.
    *gets banned*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tooshy wrote:
    I find it very difficult to buy condoms in the first place let alone asking for xtra-large!
    Well its better than asking for extra small! wheres the shame? You dont have to "ask" anybody in tescos. Durex comfort are a large size similar to magnums. Then magnum XL's are bigger again, they are hard to get here, you pick them up in the states cheaply. The larger sizes are for girth more than length. A circumference of over 5.25" and you probably should use magnum/comfort. Over 5.5" and it should be magnum XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

OP if your having trouble putting it one maybe you should check out these. Just seen them today look like the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

rsynnott wrote:

http://members.boards.ie/sico/condoms.jpg

Advertisement