Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferry documentation for VRT purposes

Options
  • 10-01-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Rob,

Quick question for you. On the ferry trip from UK to Ireland, if you book online, does the ferry company stamp your printout or give you some type of confirmation docket? If I book online, can I use this printed confirmation number to give to the VRO as proof of vehicle entry? I am importing a used car. I have driven from Ireland to UK before using an online confirmation number, and I never received any ticket or docket. I am wondering if things are diferent if you are coming the other way?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yes you get a receipt from them when you checkin at the ferry with your confirmation number, but its a moot point anyway because you dont need one, the VRO dont ask for proof of vehicle entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 5leander5

They say in their documentation that you are supposed to show proof of entry. Is it general practice that they dont ask for this? Di you know if its happened to others?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

my missus had to provide proof of entry on her car.

she just brought a copy of the boarding card.

I've taken the ferry before and have gotten no docket at all!!! Just showed them my online confirmation number. I received nothing....

I've emailed the ferry company but received no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Even when you check in with a confirmation number only, you usually get a boarding card and one of those things that you have to hang on your mirror (with the date on it).
    That was enough to convince the VRO in my case.

Do you reckon a printout of my booking will be sufficient? It provides all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ive been into the VRO 4 or 5 times in the last year and not once have I ever provided proof of entry.

This is Santry and Tallaght.

Thanks. Actually, does it matter which VRO office you go to?

Advertisement