Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good forum ?...

Options
  • 10-01-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

I notice that this North West Forum is becoming more popular, and was just wondering what posters views are on:- 'What it is that makes a forum popular ?..., apart from good moderators ;) .

Is it the variety of thread subjects ?..
    or 'social issues', or 'local issues', I am just interested in finding out what really makes someone take up the gauntlet and become an active poster or 'thread starter' rather than 'just' an observer !.

What do you think :eek:

P.:cool:

Comments

Broadband becoming more widely available in the northwest. is till only have ever seen 1 other person from leitrim on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Broadband becoming more widely available in the northwest.
    I'd have to agree that this is probably the main cause of the traffic increase. Wasn't until fairly recently that broadband became available in my part of the North West and I've definitely seen a subsequent increase in users from the area.

These regional forums best serve as a community-base I think -- discussing anything relevant to the area, or simply to say 'hello' to a group that you needn't automatically assume is 80% Dubs.

As more people join the online community this place is bound to become more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    'What it is that makes a forum popular ?..., apart from good moderators ;)
    Thanks Paddy. I can feel a free drink coming on........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

sorry muffler, paddy was talking about MMMMEEEEEEEEEEE.

Paddy you are not going to be barred for another couple of months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Well, put it this way, the North West is the best, so when a load of people from the best part of Ireland get together, it's a perfect recipe - it just can't go wrong...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I think it's broadband as well. People in the Northwest are now able to access the internet much quicker and able to spend the usual 5 min dial-up time on message boards, sending emails and just messing around on the net.
    Also as it is a flat rate it means that you might as well be on the internet as spending your day playing solitare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I think if we are/were(not sure on the status) to talk about the Eircom league clubs; Rovers, Harps and City.

Granted the league is over for another year, but as a Sligonian exile, I'd like to read any news about clubs from fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

Well, put it this way, the North West is the best, so when a load of people from the best part of Ireland get together, it's a perfect recipe - it just can't go wrong...:D

Why yes! That goes without saying *laugh*

But also...

I think a strong base of friendly regulars makes a forum work.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

I post in various forums. 5 things I like:

1 Questions.
    2 Questions that I can answer for people.
    3 Answers to my own questions.
    4 Friendly regulars.
    5 Friendly debate.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I post in various forums. 5 things I like:

1 Questions.
    2 Questions that I can answer for people.
    3 Answers to my own questions.
    4 Friendly regulars.
    5 Friendly debate.
    Can't argue with that! I'd agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

byte wrote:
    Can't argue with that! I'd agree.
    Aw, crap, that's number 5 out the window! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ill also say broadband, although i was on boards.ie since my 56k connection back in the day :D

Advertisement