Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate

Options
  • 10-01-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is something that is asked and answered on a regular basis, but google returned about 8 billion results.

Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting a gate for my garden? I have no concept at all of how that would be done. Can I buy on off the shelf from garden centres? Or do I need to get a carpenter in? I'm no diyer, but I guess with the right materials and a saw, I could bash one together, but again, where would I go for advice and materials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

You don't say where you are based but you could try Leinster Timber Products in Newbridge.

It would be fairly simple to put together a stadard side entrance gate if that is what you are looking for using some 4" or 5" T&G on 2x2 battons but if you are looking for something with a fancy finish or something that is going to be heavy you might be better off trying to get one made or buy one off the shelf as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

B&Q in Liffey Valley do a good line in iron side gates particulary for semi ds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks for the advice. I'm in Cork, might try B&Q tomorrow, see what's on offer.

Advertisement