Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba laptop getting very hot - any solution

Options
  • 10-01-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a toshiba equium a60-692 laptop. In the last few hours it has shut down twice without warning.Each time it was extremely warm near the fan location of the laptop. Is there anything i can get for the laptop to cool it down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Check the fan vents for dust, if necessary gently use an air can to blow the dust out the fan vents.

could also try this:
    http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=R9-NBC-ADAS&other_title=+R9-NBC-ADAS+NOTEPAL

I use this software to turn down the system clock on my laptop, when im not running anything major.
    http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

As daywalker said check the fan vents for dust, I recently had to take out my heat sink, clean it and rettach it to my CPU because the dust that had accumulated on the heat sink was stopping the CPU cooling, resulting in numerous system reboots. Not a hard job just annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

galwaydude wrote:
    Hi,

I have a toshiba equium a60-692 laptop. In the last few hours it has shut down twice without warning.Each time it was extremely warm near the fan location of the laptop. Is there anything i can get for the laptop to cool it down.

As the others said, dust clogging the vents is a big problem.

I got a notepal the other week and it's fantastic, usb powered fans keep my temps way down. about 35€ in PC World

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

i would agree with delah, i got a coolin pad with four fans in peats for 25euro and works like a charm, esp considering my laptop is 3.2 ghz and used to actually get so hot it wud b painful, now, not a bother
    gud luck

Advertisement