Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prom blem with Renault Clio

Options
  • 10-01-2006 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi need some advice on a friends car.

The car is a 2000 Renault clio, this morning while driving on the M1 the Stop light started to falsh and also the handbrake light.

Can you let me know what it may be???

My first conclusion was it might be the brake fluid???
    Or perhaps if the car is fitted with ABS, maybe a problem with that

Any advic will be greatly received

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Dodgy handbrake warning light switch.Or if it has abs a sensor failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

most likely brake low fluid, in the manual it tells you if you see a "STOP" light, then you should pull the car over. I'd take it to a mechanic before doing any more journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

cheers for the help

Checked the fluid levels and they were ok.

Was looking at the handbrake and the sensor seems to be very sensitive i.e. when u lift it slightly and not to the first notch the stop and handbraek sign flicker on and off.

asked friend what they did when they seen the light and she said she checked the handbrake and made sure it was pushed down all the way, but it was slightly up

So hopefully this is the end of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Verdict is in:

Problem was Brake fluid levels

I forgot to check the levels when the handbrake was taken off.

When the handbrake was off the levels dropped well below Min, so friend topped it up for the moment.

Mechanic is taking a look at it over the weekend, as there may be a leak in one of the hoses.

Advertisement