Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Messages

Options
  • 10-01-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

It seems like they're not coming through for me.
    I've sent two private messages which I know the person got because they told me they replied.However when I go to my inbox it displays none.The Private Messages: note in the top right corner of the page when I'm logged in also says Unread 0.Total 2.Does this mean I have read all my messages (which I haven't as I've received none) or does it refer to the two I've sent?
    Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

That 2 refers to the two Private messages you sent, if you were using the default settings(see below). The 0 means you have read all of the messages you have received. If you get a PM, that will change to 1, and the 2 will become a three. Once you read it, it will return to zero. I'll send you a PM for demonstration. You should have a look at the additional options below the text box when sending a PM. The default is that messages are saved in your Sent items folder here., and that you don't get notified when the recipient reads the message.

Ask your friend to PM you again, and be extra observant of case and spaces - ie, "Mr. Anderson" may work, but "mr anderson", "Mr.Anderson" etc, may not.

If you still have issues after doing that, start a thread in the Help forum.

Advertisement