Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Devil's Rejects

Options
  • 10-01-2006 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Saw this Rob Zombie film the other day and - maybe my low expectations helped - but I really enjoyed it!

Aside from the gore (of which there were some excellent examples) the tone of the film wasn't what I expected. Far more humours and almost 'easy going' with the help of the excellent soundtrack... and also some great tension at times. A nice mix allround I thought.

What did anyone else think of this? And is 'House of 1000 Corpses' as good (or as bad)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

best independant film in ages, soundtrack is cracking also, a must se film just relesased on dvd also.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's a great film. Unfortunately House of 1000 corpse's isn't worth a watch really.....quite a poor film, watched it about 2 years ago with great expectations, my girlfriend at the time was almost counting down the days to see it.....and it really disappointed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

House of 100 corpses is possibly the worst film i've seen in the last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Don't bother with House of 1000 Corpses, it's quite awful.

Devil's Rejects is a step in the right direction though. The general tone and look of the film is note perfect and it has at least two brilliant sequences (storming the house at the start and Free Bird at the end) but when I watched it I thought that for a road movie there wasn't a whole lot of pace. They only went to two or three locations... That got to me a bit.

Zombie still has a way to go, but i'll be watching everything he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Cool, I must watch this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

So you dont actually have to see House of 1000 corpses before this? Its not a sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, I haven't seen 1000 Corpses and enjoyed Devil's Rejects just fine.

It is a sequel, but a fairly stand-alone story at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

devils rejects is awful. Soundtrack is excellent. Humour is crap. Plot is boring. Rob Zombie is a good musician and says "yeah" in a more evocative manner than any other man. Never heard anything but dreadful things said about house of 1000 corpses. Which makes me want to watch it out of curiosity because I am silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Awful film, couldn't wait for it to be over. Complete rubbish.

Awful film, couldn't wait for it to be over. Complete rubbish.

MrNuked devils rejects is awful. Soundtrack is excellent. Humour is crap. Plot is boring. Rob Zombie is a good musician and says "yeah" in a more evocative manner than any other man. Never heard anything but dreadful things said about house of 1000 corpses. Which makes me want to watch it out of curiosity because I am silly

You guys would made great journalists. The way you go into detail on why you didnt like the film and why exactly it was "complete rubbish" really makes me understand why i shouldnt go and see it......makes me want to come back to this board more and more.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Useless information, this film currently has the word 'f*ck' more than any other film ever, over 500, works out at over 5 'f*cks' a minute :)

As for the film, I enjoyed it, never seen House of a 1000 corpse's, from the sounds of things I dont want to, but Devils Rejects certainly had a wierd take on things that was refreshingly diffrent.

Advertisement