Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help spillage!!!!!!

Options
  • 09-01-2006 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

if someone accidently spilt a liquid say for example cola onto the keyboard of their laptop and now some of the keys are sticky and one key in particular doesn't work. What would that person do? Can you buy a replacement keyboard for a laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Buy a new LAptop. The chances are the Coke got into the laptop itself and will start to corrode the innerds

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well depends on the laptop, some manufactuers make the keyboard so that there's plastic underneath it that stops liquid from getting into the inside of the laptop.

if that's the case i'd imagine you can **carefully** remove the keys and cleaning it with some cleaning solution.

other laptops don't have this plastic underneath the keys and in this case i'd imagine the laptop to be fried silicone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭koolkat

very little got on the laptop. it happened on saturday and it's working fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

as Cremo said, remove the keyboard and clean it.

else buy a full usb/wifi keyboard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭koolkat

how do i take them off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RallyCross

If the keyboard is working leave it alone, you may cause more harm than good trying to get the keys off. Generally Coke is very corrosive so dont be surprised if some keys fail down the road. If it did not get very wet you might get away with it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Lone Wolf

I had the same problem about a year ago, a cup of coffee got spilled onto my keyboard. Every key was working except for the enter key. Got a usb keyboard and all was fine but about 3 months later the hard drive gave up, pretty much rotted away. Had to put in a new hard drive but now its working fine. Just be wary of the internal components dying after a while.

Advertisement