Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra 01 Radio Code Lockout problem

Options
  • 09-01-2006 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I Have an 01 Astra, the battery died so I had to enter the radio code, got code wrong 3 times.(used code for original radio that came with car).Now I can't get to the code entering stage, hold a/s and power button but nothing happens.Anyone got any ideas how to get past this. The garage said to leave ignition and radio on for 1 hr but this didn't help.
    Any help is much appreciated,

cheers

Timmah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

I know some of them lockout for 3 hours.... Try it again in the morning... If that doesnt work, your Opel dealer can reset it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

It's been 3 weeks now...looks like I'll have to visit the garage...
    Cheers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

As far as I know the code is stored in an eprom chip in the radio.
    This chip wipes itself after the allowed tries on some makes.
    The chip must be reprogrammed/replaced, I believe in some cases it self destructs, meaning the radio is toast.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

with the ignition on and the radio off hold in the a/s button and then turn the radio on while holding a/s until it beeps. it should then say "7 safe" if you have tried 3 times. you then have to leave it like that for about 40mins (time doubles every time you are wrong) until "7 ----" appears

then enter your code and hold a/s

if this doesnt work post what exactly happens.

if you dont know the code any opel main dealer can access it. you will need a chassis number and the serial number off the radio if it is not the original radio. there can be a charge of about €20 for this. you could also check with the garage where the car was originally sold and they should have it on computer.

edit - you have 10 tries to enter the code before the radio is locked

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Cheers Lucifer,
    that worked.Just for clarity, I had left the ignition on for an hour but only with the radio showing safe, not 7 safe.
    Thanks again.
    Timmah!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

no problem, work in an opel main dealer so is a regular thing for me!

Advertisement