Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU aint doing what it should be doing!

Options
  • 09-01-2006 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get 'GTR FIA GT racing' to work on my system, but at the moment GTR says my system is below minimum specs. I think the problem is my CPU. Its a AMD Athlon Xp2500+. The clock speed of it is 1883mhz (1.8GHz) but my PC says its 1090mhz (1.09Ghz) when I right click on My Computer and goto Properties.

This is the spec of my system:

Asus A7N8X motherboard
    AMD Athlon XP2500+ 1.833 GHz
    1.5 Gigs or RAM
    Radeon 9800 graphics card
    XP Pro

Can anyone think why my PC picks up the 1.8Ghz chip as 1.09Ghz? and anyway around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I think you need to go into your bios (hit delete when you turn on your pc)

Your 'CPU FSB' or 'external frequency' should be set to 166 i think. I'm guessing its set to default of 100.

Your multiplier should be 11

11 x 166 = 1.83

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Download CPUZ and run it, it'll scan your system and tell you exactly what's in it, what speeds, multiplyers etc everythings running at. It's possible that it's a bug in the game causing it to not detect your CPU properly, if this is the case their own forums would most likely have details of a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Dman_15 wrote:
    I think you need to go into your bios (hit delete when you turn on your pc)

Your 'CPU FSB' or 'external frequency' should be set to 166 i think. I'm guessing its set to default of 100.

Your multiplier should be 11

11 x 166 = 1.83

thanks for that post. The CPU is now detected by windows as a 1.8Ghz chip !! woohoooo, the Pc's flying and I no longer get the 'Your system is below minimum spec' in Gtr ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ando wrote:
    thanks for that post. The CPU is now detected by windows as a 1.8Ghz chip !! woohoooo, the Pc's flying and I no longer get the 'Your system is below minimum spec' in Gtr ;)

dont forget to grab a copy of GT Legends too ;)

Advertisement