Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field of View

Options
  • 09-01-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to adjust the Field of View in COD2?

I suffered from motion sickness when playing HL2 and solved it by changing the field of view using a console command.

Cheers

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Did you honestly suffer from motion sickness playing HL2? I didn't even know such a thing was possible! I'd hate to suffer from it playing CoD!

How exactly did you "modify the field of view" in HL2? I don't think it's possible to do this in CoD2 but I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Yes ! It was quite common actually when I googled for it. Where the brain thinks you are moving around real fast but your body isn't. I am getting it less in COD2 but it kicks in after about 1.5/2hrs playing.

I used the sv_cheats 1 and then fov 90
    I believe the default fov was 70 or 75.

I didn't know motion sickness could occur whilst playing games. Learn something new every day hey?!

I don't think the FOV can be changed in CoD2 though... Although I could be wrong of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

yeah i get that sickness too. Some games are ok though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Mates get that from loads of games. One of the few he can play is BF and some of the soccer games. Anything else he can get sick and headaches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Yeah I used to get it playing a bit. Some old Jedi game used to destroy me after an hour or so. once played through it and ended up with a fever too.

It wouldn't appear you can. I was lookin for console commands but couldn't find anything! Tho' I could easily be wrong! Very easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

BFV give me headaches after about 1.5 play (especially when I loose)

and I've started wearing glasses in the past 2 months playing online games too :-)

I'm falling to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I simply get bad chest pains, then my left side goes all numb. I have to find a spot to camp until it passes because I can't move and shoot at the same time, but stopping is for quitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

theCzar wrote:
    I simply get bad chest pains, then my left side goes all numb. I have to find a spot to camp until it passes because I can't move and shoot at the same time, but stopping is for quitters.

dude thats aniety pain! you must be an intense player?

had this in the past and it was not good !!

;-)

theCzar wrote:
    Fooking hell! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement