Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back into it? Any advice?

Options
  • 09-01-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else played ALOT for a few years and then not played at all for a year or two?

Im 23 now, started golf at 14, from age 16-20 I played or practiced most days and got to a handicap of 3 age 17/18 and then hit something of a wall. I loved it. Played all the gui boys and then on to the youths were I seemed to become worse. I was a member of 3 clubs and in my last year of playing got to the final of the club c'ship scratch matchplay in two of the clubs and lost both which was the final straw. Seriously didn't hit a ball for a year and a half and have played maybe 3 rounds for charity things or my dad in the last 2 and a half years.

I'm thinkin of taking it up again. Im still a student and a student member. I still have a gui handicap which last i heard was adjusted to 6.1 but not sure, that sounds very high. Not that i expect to break 80 anytime soon!

Should I try play socially and steer clear of all competition? I love competing but it would kill me and possibly put me off to get back and be so rusty i couldn't win matches. Lessons or just work away into some kind of form? Im pretty unsure of what to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Yep, read my injury post. Get out and play a bit first, and then you'll get some idea of what you need to improve! Then at least you know what you gotta do, and not hypothesize about what might be wrong!

Advertisement