Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Regulations

Options
  • 09-01-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I have changed my driver last year this doesn't really apply in my case, however I am tempted to get the r7 for the price of 280 Eur :)

Will you change your driver (assuming it will be illegal in 2008) 2 votes

This year
    0% 0 votes
    Next year
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I do have some questions that perhaps you can answer for me here.

I will be competing in college events,tournaments and matches throughout the year.. will my ilelgal drivers be forbidden?

I have applied within my club for trials for a number of summer events such as the barton cup,metro, jimmy bruen etc, will my drivers be forbidden then?

I hopefully wish to compete in the boys competitions (ulster munster leinster connaucht) Will my driver be illegal then too?

I currently have a taylor made 540 with no lines on the centre of the face

and a Titleist 975jvs.

So will i need to start looking for a new driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

My best advice is to look up www.randa.org and see if the drivers you own are on the list. The competitions that you mentioned are all GUI competions and therefore your driver ( if illegal) will be banned in those competitions in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually i masking because the gui events are banned as of january 2005, aka its alredy in effect for gui comps =D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I've never owned one of these so called illegal driver. I hate the way they baloon the ball.
    All height and no go as far as i was concerned

Advertisement