Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slight damage to laptop

Options
  • 09-01-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

my laptop is relatively new only about 3 months old and theres a problem with the screen. its out of warranty and theres a thick red line running doen the centre of the screen. it about an inch an a half thick. it just gives everything a red tinge. it doesnt blank out any btis of text or photos etc.

i was just wondering is this problem fixable because i dont want to have to shell out again. it only seems to happen when im playing video or when im viewing photos.

any help/advice would be handy and is appreciated.

by the way its an iqon laptop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Surely it can't be out of warranty after only 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

it is but they are sending me out a new laptop as a replacement because apparantly its a major fault with iqon laptops.

so any ideas on how to fix it? i mite be able to sell it if its fixable

Have you tried using it with an external monitor?

You could probably get a buyer for it as it is if you throw in a monitor, mouse and keyboard.

I'm working on a laptop at the moment but hope to stick a monitor, mouse and keyboard on it as soon as the budget allows.

what as in throw in an lcd monitor or something? i dont really see he point kinda defeats the purpose of a laptop! so theres little hope of fixing it?

I suspect it would cost more to fix than it's worth otherwise Iqon would not be giving you a new laptop, they would repair the old.

The monitor would not have to be LCD. Personally I'd be happy with an ordinary CRT.

• Advertisement

ya i spuuose thats prob true. but surely theres something that can be done! its only the green and blue pixels that are a bit fooked. but thanks for the help anyway

If you can't sell it see if can you add it's memory to your new one. Also if you get an external usb case from Peat's/Maplins for about 25 yoyo's you can put the hdd drive into it. That would be nice.

Don't forget anything you get for it will be a bonus as you still have a laptop. You're in a win/win situation. Best of luck with it.

id still like to get it fixed and maybe give it as a present cause its a good laptop. is it def impossible to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

It can be fixed, have sent laptops away for repair with similar fault, they usually replace the whole screen, and possibly where the screen connects into the motherboard. So Iqon probably figure cheaper to replace whole laptop rather than to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think you are getting a replacement laptop-ie they are taking back the old one and giving you a new one.
    It would be highly unusual for them to give you a new one and not take back the defective one-I think......
    So you wont be able to sell the old one.
    Have you been told otherwise?

• Advertisement
Advertisement