Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for buying an Mp3 player

• 09-01-2006 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭

Want to purchase an MP3 player. need one with a storage cap of 3 - 5gb's, no more. Is it worth goin for the 20/30gb ipods, or is there any decent cheap (€80 - €120) mp3 players around?

Also, a friend of mind was telling me its awkward to pull music back off an ipod? Apparently it stores the songs with random names.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Trilla wrote:
    Is it worth goin for the 20/30gb ipods

It is indeed well worth spending the few extra quid and going for a 20 or 30Gb player (preferably iRiver or iAudio as opposed to iPod, to be honest), if you've got plenty of music (three to four thousand songs or more) that you want to store & carry around with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What do you think of a 60gb Ipod with 20gb worth of music already on it. 4 months old for €350? is that steep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You can't buy it with music on it. Fact.

wet-paint wrote:

eh 4 months old, its 2nd hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

wet-paint wrote:

AHHH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! :D Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Trilla wrote:
    What do you think of a 60gb Ipod with 20gb worth of music already on it. 4 months old for €350? is that steep?
    I think it's illegal.
    As for the price, well depends whether or not it's a 4g or 5g. If it's 4 months old then it's most likely the former and I wouldn't pay that much for it. Unless you actually have 40 more gigs of music you'd be better off buying a 5g 30gig at about €329 wouldn't ya? Or better still wait a couple of weeks and get a zen vision: m for around the 350 mark.

Trilla wrote:
    Also, a friend of mind was telling me its awkward to pull music back off an ipod? Apparently it stores the songs with random names.

Is this true? Or can it be done an easy way? also, I have a large amount of tracks stored on my PC. is it just a case of draggin and droppin the tracks(wma and mp3) on to the iPod drive and it will pick them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Trilla wrote:
    Is this true? Or can it be done an easy way? also, I have a large amount of tracks stored on my PC. is it just a case of draggin and droppin the tracks(wma and mp3) on to the iPod drive and it will pick them up?
    Yes it's true. You need to get 3rd party software to do it.
    And no, you cant drag and drop tracks, you need to use iTunes or an alternative. Check some of the other threads for apps/plugins to take music off yer iPoo.

Advertisement