Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Feelings With Selfish People (finally finished)

Options
  • 08-01-2006 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Yep. I'm guessing not many care, but i finished Raw Feelings... So if you read it, please post your thouhts on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

i think its pretty good, its very cruel and describes well the bizarre feelings someone can have in a time of mourning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I liked it. In general the writing was competant, but it was pushed to "quite good" by the excellent raw feeling to it. I also felt somewhat humbled by the powerful emotions present (of the kind I have yet to experience thankfully).

For these reason I hate the ending however. Not what was included in the ending, but more how it was done. It was a bit too "hurrah happy days again". Also, it was kind of over explained. Its much better to show something than to tell something.

Overall it was a good piece, but I'd redo the whole ending. There's also a word missing in the second last paragraph :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Lamb

I particularly liked the bit where the old cop didnt know what was goin down, but the younger guy, whats his name? Frank. Whos a bit shady has a deal with the Thunder Squad gang.

Advertisement