Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get thee to GAME and Lavish in Gamecube!

Options
  • 08-01-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Ok, went into GAME in Dawson Street the other day, and theyve expanded the Gamecube section and are now selling loads of previously owned and new games at EXTREMELY cheap prices, i picked up a game called BMX Big Air there the other week for only 3 Euro! I also saw another similar game like that for 6 Euro and SpyHunter for 2 Euro! Its total madness, ive got to land myself a copy of Monopoly for 15Euro!

Meanwhile, anyone venturing towards Edinburgh over the forthcoming weeks, could do worse then to go into 'Gamezone' on Princes St (up beside HMV/Virgin Megastores and next door to McDonalds - almost - ) and check out their 4 Gamecube Games for 20Sterling on the top floor! I mean, thats 7Euro a game, and these are decent titles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

official nail in the coffin for gamecube methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yep, defo!!

Though there is loads of great games available on it. I used online and preowned copies of games to fill up my collection.

I got MGS: twin snakes for 10 euro preowned in dawson st during the summer. Always wanted to buy that when i came out but never got around to it, then i couldn't find it new.

I've got to get around to finishing most of GC games. DAMN YOU GB MIRCO AND DS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

official nail in the coffin for gamecube methinks
    I dunno, still lots of great games available, and some new releases coming - http://www.revo-europe.com/releases.php?sys_filter=GCN

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

As ive maintained Zelda: Twilight Princess will be the swansong... then things will fade away properly. This seems to just be the getting rid of all that old stock to make way for the 360 properly coming in and a little preperation for the PS3. Nice new games list though... Only 3 GC games are on my list as of now, Fire Emblem, Battallion Wars (Advance Wars on GC) and Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Gamecube has definetly been fading away for the past year or so, but GAME practically shelving the console doesn't mean it's over yet; you can still get games at all the usual places online. When Twilight Princess is finally released, it'll go out with a bang.

I'm particulary looking forward to Odama aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

main reason is one of the consoles had to go to make room for psp and 360 and ps3 and so on...

twilight princess shall be the last but greatest game i hope and hopefully its no later than may before we see it. hopefully early april.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

you can still get games at all the usual places online. When Twilight Princess is finally released, it'll go out with a bang.

where is the best place to get GC games online? ebay, play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I wonder what kind of a GameCube display section the shops will have when Twilight Princess comes out? It might be a tiny little one-game stand down on the floor with a little stack of Twilight Princess games arranged on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quarryman wrote:
    where is the best place to get GC games online? ebay, play?

I found www.play.com has a very good selection of GC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Was it on the GameCube platform that Mario Party was released? Used to play marathons of that game living in the US. What a classic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement