Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme NTM

Options
  • 07-01-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of hip-hop, but years ago my Swiss cousin gave me a CD of this French rap group, Supreme NTM, and the album was called "93 J'appuie Sur la Gachette". I listened to it properly for the first time recently, and I don't know much about rap (or French) but I'm quite impressed.

Does anyone else know/like them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Yea, i have "Paris Sous Les Bombes", if you like them id recommend getting this aswell, they're one of the better known groups in France, some other artists you might be interested in if you really want to expand your french Hip-Hop collection:
    MC Solaar
    Saian Supa Crew
    KDD
    Fonky Family
    IAM

As an aside, its alot easier to flow in French and as a result it sounds good even if you dont understand whats being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

yeah check out saian super crew, assassin, mc solaar and akhenathon...

solaar is the one everyone knows, personally i kind of went off him after prose combat - he got quite wussy and flowery but prose combat is an excellent album... the lyrics come with the cd version and he's less into his indecipherable-to-a-foreigner backwards north african french slang than the likes of Akhenathon... he speaks quite correctly and uses a serious amount of wordplay and crazy internal rhymes, but if you're the sort of person who his artists to be "real" and "street" you might wish to avoid his later work...

alliance ethnique are a french crew as well.. i don't rate them too highly but plenty of french heads do, bit too wishy washy and gloopy and sentimental for me...

do check out "bad boys de marseille" by akhenathon, one of the mixes that came on the original 12" was absolutely killer stuff!

my girlfriend has a saian super crew album its the green one and its pure deadly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

and as UBU said - "Paris sous les bombes" is very good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah have to agree "flowery is probably a good word to describe solaar.

I AM is pretty hot, his album "l'ecole du Micro D'argent" (I think) is pretty hot, with a wu tang kinda style. Sunz of Man feature on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

IAM is a group not an individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

really, didnt realise. only listened to the album once. thanks for the correction though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah there's like 6 of them in the group so your comparison to the Wu is closer than you thought.

Advertisement