Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Singh Public Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Could you tell me who Simon Singh is, and what happens in the shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Singh is a science writer and brodcaster. He priviously worked as a producer on both Tomorrows World and Horizon. He has front and prosuced two shows. One on Andrew Wills search for Fermats Last Therom shown on BBC 2. The other on The Science of Sercecey was brocast on Channel 4 a few years back. He has also penned two accompaning books on both subjects. Along with that he is also a regular talking head on popular science shows. The first talk is a Public lecture on the big bang. All the way from Pythagouris up to roger penrose. The second Show in the RDS is a theature show tyhe highlight being when singh stands in a metal gage next to a thosand volt van de graff generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

starn wrote:
    The second Show in the RDS is a theature show tyhe highlight being when singh stands in a metal gage next to a thosand volt van de graff generator.
    Ah, a faraday cage. I saw Richard hammond demonstrate the same effect on Top Gear, although this'll probably have a more rigorously scientific approach. I think I remember him now alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Steveire wrote:
    Ah, a faraday cage. .
    Exactly

Advertisement