Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay bars/clubs ?

Options
  • 07-01-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys, I am not from Limerick and I am searching for a gay scene here. You mentioned few places. Can anyone of you make a list for me of the gay / gay friendly (please, don't name all the pubs in Limerick ;) ) venues here that are running now?

I heard something about "Bubblicious", "Cosmos"/Quinns, "Rafters"/Globe and La Boutique nights in Dolans. Do all of these still exist? How is the ambience in there?

Thanx. J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Justine

Ok. Now I read the post frm bulets.ie. Quinns apparently not...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Justine wrote:
    Hey guys, I am not from Limerick and I am searching for a gay scene here. You mentioned few places. Can anyone of you make a list for me of the gay / gay friendly (please, don't name all the pubs in Limerick ;) ) venues here that are running now?

I heard something about "Bubblicious", "Cosmos"/Quinns, "Rafters"/Globe and La Boutique nights in Dolans. Do all of these still exist? How is the ambience in there?

Thanx. J.

going to split this from the favorite bars thread so as it gets more replies.

also I would recomend the LGB Forum someone there might also be able to help you.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=255

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

there's the globe in cecil street. it's called "rafters" on the ground level. when they do dancing nights (Fri and Sat and Sun) then they call it "bubbalicious". beside this there are those "la boutique" nights once or twice a month in dolans upstairs.

IB

all three quoted Clubs don't exist anymore. there is no (a) Quinns anymore, there is no (b) Savoy Complex anymore and there is no (c) Glentworth Hotel anymore.

(a) is closed, (b) is demolished as we all know and (c) is now "Best Western"

The informations on this page are useless and over three years old - "Last modified: 17 August 2002"

IB

• Advertisement

It's now the Red Ribbon Project
    http://www.redribbonproject.com/7_all_details.html

IB

Inge Binge wrote:
    It's now the Red Ribbon Project
    http://www.redribbonproject.com/7_all_details.html

IB

fair nuff.

www.gaire.com with its forums is a good source for information as well!

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Rafters definatly worth a visit was there Friday its a bar and opens late think they charge a cover fee after 12.00 but all drinks were only €4 so good value and good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Globe on Cecil Street has both
    the Gay Club and the Alternative/Indi club
    and It think there appears to be some form of lap dancing club
    in the basement area.

As you go in the main door:
    Termights the Indi/Alternative club is to the left and up the stairs.
    Bubblicious is to the right I think.

~B

Advertisement