Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop speakers with laptop

Options
  • 07-01-2006 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Thinking of replacing my desktop with laptop

I have a reasonable set of speakers (Harman/Kardon) connected to my desktop and would like to hook them up to the laptop when Im at home. Are the connections on a laptop the same as pc ? Would the sound quality be better/worse...is there a particular sound card spec I should look for ?
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The audio out on a laptop tends to be the headphone socket with the standard 3.5mm jack.

Sound cards on laptops tend to be very generic, but they are quite adequate for games and listening to mp3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

It depends on how much you like your music really?

I've stopped listening to music with my laptop onboard - its just disgusting compared to CD. If your speakers arent great, you wont notice much of a difference though.

Advertisement